"We are results and outcome driven. This is why we don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach – we always strive to provide quality, compassionate, and personalized advocacy for each client we represent."
Omid J. Shirazi, Partner
At K&S, our employment law attorneys provide a wide range of employment litigation and counseling services to employers and workers. We understand that relationships are important. This is why we work with both parties to find the most effective ways to implement sound business policies that mitigate the risk of employment litigation and workplace conflict. Our clients range from national union leaders in shipping lines and cargo-handling firms, e-commerce, professional services, floral business, medical and pharmaceutical industries to small emerging and privately held companies.
K&S provide day-to-day counseling to employers and workers on a variety of topics including worker classification, restrictive covenants, trade secrets, terminations, disability accommodations, discrimination investigations, wage and overtime disputes, rest and meal breaks, and advising on employment policies and procedures. We provide training to worker groups and professional organizations on legal or tax compliance and contemporary workplace best practices in order to minimize litigation and maximize productivity.
When litigation is necessary, we partner with our clients to find cost-effective resolution methods aligned with our client's goals and needs. We have successfully represented our clients before both federal or state administrative judges and/or agencies on issues such as wage compliance, disability accommodation and leaves of absence, discrimination, retaliation, and union relations. We have represented from sole properties to national and multinational entities in federal and state actions arising under the Fair Labor Standards Act, the California Labor Code, and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act.
Our approach is unique because we take a holistic approach in trying to solve your problem. K&S' labor law and tax law experience equips us with a interdisciplinary approach to learning about our clients’ employment issues, their context within the workplace which leads to timely, thoughtful and constructive advice.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Effective and lawful hiring and terminating processes
- Training of both management and non-management employees concerning harassment, hiring, diversity, disability accommodation, wage & hour compliance, and leaves of absence
- Training of independent contractors on how to maximize their deductions to mitigate tax liability
- Overtime classification, breaks, hours worked, wage payment and other compliance with California and federal wage and hour laws
- Protection of trade secrets as employees depart, and avoidance of litigation when hiring or terminating workers
- Investigation and remedy of invoice or time fraud
- Legal obligations to grant leaves of absence and otherwise accommodate disabilities, balanced against the employer's ability to regulate attendance and performance
- Employee privacy protections
- Employee Benefits and Compensations Planning
No Attorney Client Relationship - The use of this web site, and the sending or receipt of information does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and K&S Law Group. Advertisement/Marketing - This web site is a California Electronic Media Advertisement. It is not intended to be an advertisement or solicitation outside the state of California. The members of K&S Law Group are not admitted to the bar of any state other than California. Our practice is limited to California and federal matters. We will not undertake the representation of any person who resides in a state where this web site fails to comply with state or local rules for marketing or advertising material.
Seek Legal Counsel - Internet subscribers and online readers should not act upon any information contained on this web site or any other web site without first seeking the assistance of legal counsel who will apply the applicable law to your special circumstances.